SHORT-TERM SPECIAL MORTGAGE
Rate Relief 6-Month
Temporary relief from interest-rate pain.
Take 6 months of lower payments while getting settled into your new place and mortgage. Go ahead, sleep easier with blinds on your windows.
Lowest Mortgage Rate in Canada
For insured and insurable mortgages. Conditions apply.
Comes with full features, lock into a longer term anytime.
Offset New Home Costs
Get ahead of moving-related expenses.
Is Rate Relief™ right for you?
Need a 6-month budget break? Or want to make use of lower payments while you consider which long-term mortgage to lock into? Here are some qualifying details to help you decide if this product is right for you:
- For new purchases and switches only (no pre-approvals)
- Insured and insurable mortgages
- Your home value is below $1M, or your original mortgage default insurance is still valid (through CMHC, Canada Guaranty or Sagen)
- Your mortgage loan has a balance of at least $100K and an amortization of 25 years or less
- Read our Rate Relief 6-month mortgage commitment letter for more details
Important product information
Here for a limited time. This product is only available through a True North Mortgage broker and comes with a 120-day rate hold — call or apply online.
- On standard switches, THINK pays the legal fees (assignment costs)
- At the end of your 6-month term:
- THINK is known for offering some of the lowest mortgage rates; your rate offered at renewal may carry an added premium
- If you choose not to renew with THINK Financial, a 1% non-renewal fee will apply based on your current mortgage balance
Lending terms and conditions apply.
*Offer available for new high-ratio insured and insurable mortgages, including those transferred from another financial institution. The mortgage must fund within 120 days of the loan application date. Tell your broker about your current mortgage details, as it may impact your application.
**Please note: Interest rates are unpredictable and your mortgage rate at renewal could be significantly higher than the rate you are paying with your 6-month Rate Relief™ product.
For example, a $425,000 insured mortgage with a lower interest rate of 3.99% for our 6-month product will require a $2,233 monthly payment, whereas the same mortgage with a market interest rate of 5.50% for a 5-year product will require a $2,594 monthly payment.